DATO' SRI IR CHONG KET PEN
Executive Vice Chairman / Group Managing Director
Dato' Sri Ir Chong Ket Pen is the founder of Protasco Group.
Term of Office
- Director of Protasco Berhad since 18 May 2001
- Executive Vice Chairman cum Group Managing Director of Protasco Berhad Group of Companies
Education & Qualification
- A Master of Philosophy (Civil Engineering) degree, University Of Birmingham, United Kingdom (1990)
- A Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) degree from the University of Malaya (1979)
- A member of the Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM) since 1984
- A registered Professional Engineer with the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- A member of the Institution of Civil Engineers, United Kingdom since 1985
- A registered Chartered Engineer with the United Kingdom’s Engineering Council since 1987
Skills & Experience
Upon graduating from University of Malaya in 1979, Dato' Sri Ir Chong became a Road Design Engineer cum Assistant Project Engineer at the Public Works Department (JKR) Kelantan until he was promoted to Project Engineer in 1982.
He then became a Senior Engineer at the Design and Research Branch of the JKR Headquarters before he was assigned as Senior Pavement Research Engineer at Institut Kerjaraya Malaysia (IKRAM) in 1988. Subsequently, he was a Senior Engineer, Pavement Evaluation and Research.
He is a road pavement specialist with extensive experience in the design, construction and maintenance of road pavements. In 1991, he left the public sector to set up the foundation for Protasco Berhad.
Other Public Company Directorship & Offices
Dato' Sri Ir Chong contributes extensively to the community. He is currently the Deputy President of the KL-Selangor Hopo Association and the Chairman of Malaysia Hopo Cultural Fund. He is also the Vice President of the KL-Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall.