Malaysian | Age 63, Male
Dato' Sri Ir Chong Ket Pen is the founder of Protasco Group.
Term of Office
- Executive Chairman of Protasco Berhad since 1 January 2020
Education & Qualification
- Master of Philosophy (Civil Engineering) degree, University Of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 1990
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) degree from the University of Malaya, 1979
- Member of the Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM), 1984
- Registered Professional Engineer with the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers, United Kingdom, 1985
- Registered Chartered Engineer with the United Kingdom’s Engineering Council, 1987
Skills & Experience
Dato' Sri Ir Chong Ket Pen is a road pavement specialist with extensive expeience in the evaluation, design, construction and maintenance of road pavements.
Upon graduating from the University of Malaya in 1979, the young Chong joined the Public Works Department (JKR) Kelantan as a Road Design Engineer. He was, later, promoted to the post of Project Engineer, supervising the construction of roads and bridges in southern part of Kelantan.
After gaining valuable design and site experience in roads and bridges, during the first few years of his working career, he was then transferred back to the Design and Research Branch of JKR Headquarters, as Senior Research Engineer. Whilst carrying out research work in the field of pavement engineering, he embarked in the Master by Research course with the University of Birmingham, subsequently obtaining a Master of Philosophy (Civil Engineering) degree in 1990.
In 1991, he left the public sector to set up the foundation for Protasco Group of Companies.
Other Public Company Directorship & Offices
Dato’ Sri Ir Chong is currently the President of the KL-Selangor Hopo Association and the Chairman of Malaysia Hopo Cultural Fund. He is also the Vice President of the KL-Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall.