Malaysian | Age 65, Male
Dato' Sri Ir Chong Ket Pen is the founder of Protasco Group.
Term of Office
- Director of Protasco Berhad since 1 January 2020
Education & Qualification
- Registered Chartered Engineer with the United Kingdom’s Engineering Council, 1987
- Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers, United Kingdom, 1985
- Member of the Institute of Engineers Malaysia (IEM), 1984
- Registered Professional Engineer with the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- Master of Philosophy (Civil Engineering) degree, University Of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 1990
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) degree from the University of Malaya, 1979
Skills & Experience
Dato' Sri Ir Chong Ket Pen is a road pavement specialist with extensive expeience in the evaluation, design, construction and maintenance of road pavements.
Upon graduating from the University of Malaya in 1979, he joined the Public Works Department of Kelantan (JKR Kelantan) as a Road Design Engineer. He was then promoted to the post of Project Engineer where he supervised the construction of roads and bridges in southern Kelantan. Equipped with invaluable design and site experience in roads and bridges, he was then transferred to the Design and Research Branch of the JKR Headquarters to became a Senior Research Engineer.
He pursued a Master’s degree at the University of Birmingham while carrying out research works in the field of pavement engineering, before being conferred a Master of Philosophy (Civil Engineering) degree in 1990.
In 1991, he left the public sector and established Protasco Berhad.
Other Public Company Directorship & Offices
Dato’ Sri Ir Chong is currently the President of the KL-Selangor Hopo Association, Deputy President of the Federal Hopo Association of Malaysia, Chairman of the Malaysia Hopo Cultural Foundation and also the Vice President of the KL-Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall.