IR TAN HENG KUI
Non-Independent Non-Executive Director
Term of Office
- Director of Protasco Berhad since 10 December 2012
- A member of the Nomination & Remuneration Committee
- A member of the Employees’ Share Scheme Committee
- A member of the Board Risk Management Committee
Education & Qualification
- A Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Wales, United Kingdom (1981)
- A Professional Engineer registered with the Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM)
- A Chartered Engineer with the Engineering Council, United Kingdom
- A registered engineer with the ASEAN Federation of Engineering Organisation (AFEO)
Skills & Experience
Ir Tan Heng Kui has more than 30 years of practical experiences in the local engineering industry, mainly in water resources and waste water engineering projects.
His other professional and community services include holding various positions such as National Vice President of the Institution of Engineers Malaysia (IEM) from 1999 to 2004; President of Sabah Engineers Association and President of the Rotary Club of Likas Bay. He was also the Chairman of IEM Sabah Branch from 1995 to 1997; Chairman of the IEM Arbitration Nomination Committee and also the IEM Professional Practice Standing Committee from 1999 to 2004.
Ir Tan Heng Kui was a member of the Professional Practice Committee of BEM from 2001 to 2004 and a member of Dewan Bandaraya Kota Kinabalu High Risk Building Committee from 1995 to 2002.
In 2015, he was conferred the Honorary Fellow of the Asean Federation of Engineering Organisations in recognition of his contribution to the engineering communities.
Other Public Company Directorship & Offices
Ir Tan Heng Kui is a Director at Incoprime Sdn Bhd and Press Metal Berhad since 1991 and 2001 respectively.
Ir Tan Heng Kui is a Director of Kumpulan Ikram (Sabah) Sdn Bhd since 1997. He is also Principal of Perunding Pertama Consulting Engineers since 1988.