SUHAIMI BIN BADRUL JAMIL
Independent Non-Executive Director
Term of Office
- Director of Protasco Berhad since 16 December 2014
- Chairman of Board Risk Management Committee
- A member of the Audit Committee
Education & Qualification
- A Master of Business Administration from Deakin University, Australia (2004)
- A Bachelor of Economics (with specialisation in accounting), Australian National University (1985)
- A Graduate Diploma in Accounting, Australian National University (1986)
- A Chartered Accountant (Malaysia) with the Malaysian Institute of Accountants
- A Fellow member of CPA Australia
Skills & Experience
Suhaimi started his career with HRM Arthur Andersen, Chartered Accountants in the audit and financial consulting department. He left to join the corporate world and went on to be appointed as a Group Financial Controller, Group General Manager and finally as a Group Executive Director for a Malaysian conglomerate whose activities included property development, transportation, insurance and banking, plantation, construction, manufacturing and investment holdings.
He then went on to start his own business and has been involved in various start-ups covering diverse areas including education, international trading, agriculture, manufacturing, mining and private equity. Apart from this, he was also a Special Administrator for Danaharta, regularly consults various companies in areas of corporate finance, corporate restructuring, risk management, turnaround management, cross border investments in South East Asia, mergers and acquisitions and strategic management and leadership.
He held various board directorships in public listed companies as well as licensed financial institutions. Among the companies in which he was a board member were MEMS Technology Berhad as Chairman of the Board; Petra Energy Berhad; Credit Corporation (M) Berhad; MIMB Investment Bank Berhad; Gadek Capital Berhad; SPK-Sentosa Corporation Berhad; Intrakota Consolidated Berhad; eB Capital Berhad and SJ Kumpulan Berhad. He was also an Executive Director with Ferrier Hodgson MH and Baker Tilly MH.