Independent Non-Executive Director
Malaysian | Age 72, Male
Term of Office
- Chairman and a Director of Protasco Berhad since 28 April 2010
Education & Qualification
- PhD from Henley Management College, United Kingdom, 1986
- Master in Business Management from the Asian Institute of Management, Philippines, 1975
- Bachelor of Economics (Honours) degree from the University of Malaya, 1970
- Recipient of the Asian Institute of Management Alumni Award (AAA), 2013
- Fellow Member of Association of International Accountants
- Honorary Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors Malaysia
Skills & Experience
Tan Sri Datuk Dr Hadenan was Malaysia’s Auditor General from 2000 to 2006.
He was the Chairman of the Operations Review Panel, Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission until 26 February 2015 and the Chairman of ICB Islamic Bank Ltd Bangladesh until June 2014. He was also the Chairman for PNB Commercial Sdn Bhd and its subsidiaries, PG Hotel Sdn Bhd and THP Sinar Sdn Bhd and held directorships at Malayan Banking Berhad and Maybank Islamic Berhad;
He began his 36 years of public service in 1970, at the Ministry of Finance when he joined the Malaysian Administrative and Diplomatic Services as an Assistant Secretary in the Budget Division.
He went on to assume various positions such as Principal Assistant Secretary, Tax Division; Deputy Secretary, Economic Division; Deputy Secretary, Finance Division and Secretary, Finance Division until 1998. He then became the Deputy Secretary General (Trade) at the Ministry of International Trade and Industry from 1998 to 1999 and Secretary General at the Ministry of Works from 1999 to 2000, before becoming the Auditor General.
He was a Director of Unilever (M) Holdings Sdn Bhd until 1 January 2018.
Other Public Company Directorship & Offices
Tan Sri Datuk Dr Hadenan is the Chairman of the Board of Governors of Infrastructure University Kuala Lumpur, Chairman of Protasco Development Sdn Bhd and Chairman of THP Sinar Sdn Bhd.
He is also a Director at Universiti Tun Abdul Razak Sdn Bhd, a member of Advisory Board of Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission and the Group Business Advisor of Sinar Jernih Sdn Bhd. He is also a member of the Economy Advisory Council Malacca.