Independent Non-Executive Director
Malaysian | Age 58, Male
Term of Office
- Director of Protasco Berhad since 16 December 2014
- Chairman of the Audit Committee
Education & Qualification
- Chartered Accountant (Malaysia) with the Malaysian Institute of Accountants
- Fellow of CPA Australia
- Master of Business Administration from Deakin University, Australia, 2004
- Graduate Diploma in Accounting, Australian National University, 1986
- Bachelor of Economics (with specialisation in accounting), Australian National University, 1985
Skills & Experience
Suhaimi possesses invaluable experience and skills in leadership, corporate transformation, value management, corporate finance, corporate restructuring, risk management, turnaround management, cross border investments in South East Asia, mergers & acquisitions and strategic management.
He started his career in an international Chartered Accounting firm in the audit and financial consulting department. He then joined the corporate sector and held various senior positions such as Group Financial Controller, Group General Manager and finally as Group Executive Director in a Malaysian conglomerate whose activities include property development, transportation, insurance and banking, plantation, construction, manufacturing and investment holdings.
He has held various board directorships in public listed companies as well as licensed financial institutions. Among the companies in which he was a board member were MEMS Technology Berhad as Chairman of the Board, Petra Energy Berhad, Credit Corporation (M) Berhad, MIMB Investment Bank Berhad, Gadek Capital Berhad, SPK-Sentosa Corporation Berhad, Intrakota Consolidated Berhad, eB Capital Berhad and SJ Kumpulan Berhad. He was also an Executive Director with Ferrier Hodgson MH and Baker Tilly MH.
Other Public Company Directorship & Offices
He is the Group CEO of WZ Satu Berhad & Director of WZ Satu Group of Companies.